A reinstall needs to start with cleaning up
There are 2 methods for cleanup..
- Using a Bare Metal Install
- Using cleandeploy.pl
While there is a complete document available via Note. 1373599.1.
I will give a brief synopsis of what is needed. A Bare install needs to be done per node and the instructions are the same. Please note a bare metal install will format all disks. All data will be lost. All instructions here will cause loss of data and should be done with extreme caution.
- . Download the 2.4(or version you need) ISO.
- Login to the ILOM
- Go to the Remote Control tab and launch remote control.
- In the java window that opens Select Devices --> Cdrom Image
- Select where the image resides on your laptop and click ok. This will map the cdrom image to your device
- Once the mapping is confirmed . go to the ILOM Remote control tab - >Host Control and Select Cdrom as the next boot device
- In the Remote Control -->Remote Host Control Select Power Cycle and OK
- This will reboot the node and start the install process.
- If you are installing over a network. Please make sure not to disconnect until the install is completed.
- The reimage process can take between 1 to 2 hrs to complete.
- After the reimage is complete. the node is now akin to a factory installed node for the version you just imaged on.
- Follow the same steps to image the second node . Both nodes can be imaged in parallel.
- The ILOM and Bios are not impacted and a deploy/patch will need to be run to get the ILOM/BIOS to update.
- Run a ./oakcli configure firstnet to IP and bring the node on the public network
- Follow the steps in the read-me of the End user bundle to deploy the ODA.